Yosemite National Park
Yosemite National Park is one of the oldest national parks in the United States, and it’s a sight to see. This park is home to many beautiful views, including Half Dome and Yosemite Falls. Accommodations are available at campgrounds or hotels that are minutes away from the park entrance. The weather in this part of California can change quickly so it’s always best to pack layers and be prepared for rain when visiting Yosemite National Park.
Yosemite National Park is located in California, one of the oldest national parks in the United States. Yosemite has a lot of mountains, waterfalls and forests.
Dawn and dusk in Yosemite National Park
The best time to see wildlife in Yosemite is dawn and dusk. The mornings are the most active, but you can also visit the park in the evening. This is a great time for photography, as well as stargazing at Glacier Point or Taft Point.
Dawn: Dawn offers views of Half Dome, El Capitan and other peaks bathed in golden light. You’ll also have plenty of time to explore once it gets warmer before crowds arrive later on.
Dusk: Dusk brings amazing views of mountain peaks and valleys bathed in shadows with warm colors from the setting sun reflecting off them like jewels on display for all who would see them to behold!
The weather in Yosemite National Park varies dramatically depending on the season. The average high temperature in June is 77°F, while the average low is 48°F; July has an average high of 80°F and an average low of 54°F.
In August, temperatures rise even higher to 88˚F on average for highs and 67˚F for lows. The warmest months in Yosemite are September and October, when temperatures can get as hot as 100 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius).
The highest recorded temperature at Yosemite was 107 degrees Fahrenheit (42 degrees Celsius) back in 1998—and yes, it was just as hot for me to wear my coat indoors!
Yosemite also experiences some mild winters with up to 20 inches of snowfall per year—but most winters don’t have much accumulation at all!
- Entry to Yosemite National Park is free, but there are fees for camping, lodging and other activities. Visitors can purchase a seven-day pass for $30 or an annual pass for $60.
- The park’s entrances charge fees per vehicle; in 2019 this fee is $30. You will not have to pay the entrance fee if your vehicle has a National Parks & Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass.
- Camping fees vary depending on the campground and location within Yosemite Valley or Wawona area; from $17 to $26 per night at Hodgdon Meadow Campground (located near Tuolumne Meadows) to $28 per night at Upper Pines Campground (located near Yosemite Falls).
- Horseback Riding
- Shuttle Bus Service: The Yosemite Area Regional Transportation System (YARTS) is a public transit service that operates on the ground and in the air. It connects towns throughout California’s Sierra Nevada region, including Merced, Mammoth Lakes, Sonora and Bishop. YARTS also offers connections between Yosemite National Park and other local airports. Visitors can purchase tickets online or through their mobile app before they arrive at their destination to avoid long lines at the bus terminal. Passengers may also bring bicycles on board free of charge during off-peak season (June 1 through Labor Day).
What’s popular in Yosemite National Park
Yosemite Valley is a natural wonder that’s unparalleled in the world. This part of Yosemite National Park contains several well-known attractions, including:
- Half Dome
- El Capitan
- Bridalveil Fall
- Mirror Lake (a popular spot for hikers)
- Tunnel View (a great place to watch sunset over the valley)
Yosemite National Park is located in California and is one of the oldest national parks in the United States.
Yosemite National Park is located in California, and is one of the oldest national parks in the United States. It is a popular tourist destination, with an estimated 4 million visitors every year. Yosemite Falls on the Merced River are some of the tallest waterfalls in North America, falling approximately 2,425 feet (739 m) from top to bottom.
Yosemite National Park is one of the most popular destinations in America. You can find it in California and it has been around since 1890. The park has many different kinds of animals, including bears and mountain lions. There are also many types of vegetation here like oak trees or pines which give off their own unique scent when you walk past them during summer months when temperatures get very high as this time period lasts about three months-July through September for instance!