A drill press is a machine used to drill holes and is set on a fixed standard. There are many types of drill presses like the floor or standing drill press, a benchtop drill press, upright sensitive drill press, etc. Each of them has a unique use and in a different work environment. The main and most common purpose of a drill press is to enlarge cylindrical holes.
They can also use for reaming, countersinking, counterboring, and tapping. This can be both heavy-duty and low maintenance work. They built with heavy metal unbreakable materials as they operate by drilling on other metals. The powerful motors provide the power and torque needed to do the work.
These are the best standing and countertop drilling pressed meant to ensure your work is easy and that you have the best workday.
Top 10 Best Drill Presses Reviews
10-WEN 4214 Drill Press | Variable Speed Drill Presses
Wen drill press is powerful enough to create the effect needed. The speed limitation of below 3200 RPMS is meant to ensure effectiveness at work. This speed is meant to be adjusted at least 5 times with a display of the level of the speed on an LED display on the machine. This will ensure you don’t drill too fast or too slow but at a comfortable speed.
- They have a variable speed that ranges from 580-3200 RPMS.
- Has an LED display to show the speed.
- The quill diameter is 2.17 inches.
- Has a 2/3HP induction motor that develops torque and power.
- Has 9.5*9.5 inches cast iron rack that can adjust up to 45⁰ to the left and right.
Also find: Top 10 Best Electric Angle Grinders Reviews
9-JET Drill Press J-2500 Horsepower 115-Volt Floor Model
When you are drilling, it is likely that pieces may fall off or jump towards your body causing injuries. Jet ensures that you are safe by a protective cap on the drilling point that prevents anything from going to your side. This cap is string enough to accommodate even the sharpest pieces. It has more than 40,000 replacements parts which can be easily found in the local shops.
- The head is made of cast iron which is not easily breakable.
- Has a large quill for accurate measurements.
- The table can be tilted up to 45⁰ on the right and left.
- This ball bearings are permanently lubricated ensuring they last long.
- The ground steel column diameter is large to provide adequate support for the table and head.
8-WEN Drill Press 4210T Laser Drill
For the longest time, Wen has provided the best drill presses in the market. Their durability ensures that you don’t keep buying every now and then thus giving you value for your money. This helps your business grow without worrying about the maintenance of your drill or buying afresh yearly. Their spindle travel has a linear locking that provides accurate measurements.
- Has a durable 3.2 amp motor that provides ample torque and power.
- Has 5 adjustable speeds of between 600 and 3100 RPM.
- The rack is made of cast iron, is easily adjustable to 45⁰ on the right and left and measures at 7 5/8* 7 5/8 inches.
- The 2.5 inches spindle travel is easy to read and has a linear locking depth for accuracy.
- Has an onboard working light for maximum visibility.
Also find: Top 10 Best Digital Torque Wrenches Reviews
7-DEWALT DRILL PRESS
The power of Dewalt drills is unlike any other. The 10 Amp is perfect for heavy-duty drilling. This provides enough torque to drill even the thickest metals you have. The extra magnetic coolant ensures your machine is operating on normal speed. Also, the electrical overload protection provides your drill the safety it needs from an electrical fault.
- The drill traveling is 4 3/8 inches and offers maximum space for heavy-duty operations.
- The electrical overload protection ensures your motor lasts longer.
- They have 2-speed settings with speed ranging between 300-450 RPM.
- The 10 amp motor ensures torque and power.
- Has a magnetic coolant bottle that can be placed on the surface.
6-RIKON Drill Press 13-Inch
Every instrument that you are drilling requires a different drilling speed. For this, Rikon power tools provide you with 16 spindle speeds to adjust at your own pleasure. This grants your objects the ability to not cracking or breaking due to extra pressure. This speed is supported by the 3630 RPM that is the maximum for the drill.
- The 1/2 HP motor provides robust power.
- Has 16 spindle speeds from 300 to 3630 RPM.
- They are built with cast iron and solid steel for durability.
- The table height is easily adjustable to a height of choice.
- The 11 3/16 table can rotate at 360⁰.
5-SHOP FOX Drill Press 1-Horsepower
Unlike other drills that can pivot up to 45 degrees, this drill can fully pivot at 90 degrees giving for perfect offloading and loading angle. The tilting is also big, 14 inches, to ensure that it fits all your well-sized equipment. The chuck guard is meant to prevent any flying objects from the drilling from hurting your body.
- Has a 1 HP motor with 720 RPM speed.
- The drilling press has a 14-inch titling table which allows drilling angles of 90-0 degrees.
- There is a chuck guard that protects the operator from moving parts or flying debris.
- Has 12 speeds adjustable between 140-3050 RPM.
- Has a maximum voltage of 110v.
4-MOPHORN 1200W Magnetic Drill
Mophorn drills are built to be used by people without even the knowledge of how they are operated. They have a clear manual and control panel. All you have to do is place your object on the tilt table and ensure that the part that requires drilling is facing the chuck. Then you flick the switch and voila! You are done.
- Has a strong drilling power as it has a magnetic drilling motor with 1200W.
- It is very easy to use by just flicking one switch.
- Can be used for heavy-duty drilling as well as home use.
- Has a comfortable and sturdy grip for when in use or transportation.
3-JET Drill Presses 716000 JWDP-12
This machine needs to stand on its own while performing. For this, it requires to have a strong base that will support the whole machine as well as the objects placed on it for drilling. For this, the Jet 716000 has a large sturdy made of cast iron that doesn’t rust and it will not break easily. So you can trust to place it on the floor and the find it same way when you come back.
- The 10*16 1/8 inches cast iron base fits perfectly and is sturdy on any base.
- This paddle switch is quite large to provide an easy shutdown and lockout.
- The drill chuck is 5/8 inches for multiple drilling applications.
- Runs on a 1/2HP motor for powerful drilling.
- Has adjustable speeds for different drilling uses.
2-GENESIS Drill 5-Speed
A drill should have the best warranty on the market. A warranty proves the quality of the product. Genesis drill has a 2-year warranty that ensures that in case your drill chuck breaks or the drill is not functioning, you can return and get s replacement at no extra cost. This ensures you can trust the manufacturer and you can comfortably without the worry of drilling into hard metal.
- Has a quiet 2.6 amp motor for smooth performances.
- Speeds can be adjusted five times over for the best drill experience.
- The drill table can be turned from 0 to 45 degrees.
- Are made to withstand any drilling experience and last for a long time.
1-SUNEX TOOLS Floor Drill Presses 16-Speed
Despite motor drills being too noisy we still work with them. But at some point, we wish we could get one that is quite. Sunex tools have created a motor that is powerful enough yet quite silent when performing its duties. This gives the confidence of operating in quiet neighborhoods without disturbing the peace. You can also easily adjust the speed as you work.
- The table turns 360 degrees and pivots at 45⁰ with an indicator for accuracy.
- Operates on a 3/4Hp motor with 5/8 inches drill capacity.
- For quick speed adjusting, the belt lever tension is very convenient.
- Has a sturdy base for strong support.
- They are easy to use and operate.
- The motor is silent ensuring you operate for long hours.
Even without understanding what a drill press is and you want to buy one for your old man as a gift, this is the best place. Each of them is carefully analyzed with each featured elaborated to give you the knowledge of the drill. This provides you with a clue about what they do and how they perform.
This ensures you can purchase the best drill press. Having the best drill will ensure that your work efficiently and meet your daily goals. Each of these drill presses is made of durable materials like casting it on and steel. This ensures that they are rust-proof and that they don’t break easily.
Being part of your work tools will give you added advantage by ensuring that you have the highest performance and giving your customers quality work.